By the Kansas State Fair
HUTCHINSON, Kan. — Do you Love the Kansas State Fair and want to get in FREE? Are you looking for Community Service hours? Request to be a volunteer for the Kansas State Fair.
There are many part-time, seasonal and volunteer positions for the 2023 Fair now open, including:
- Livestock area clean-up
- Traffic/parking and gate attendant
- Food servers/concession worker
- Midway set-up and tear down
There are positions available for ages 16 and 18+. You will need two references as well. Learn more and fill out the form here.
Parking lots A & C will offer $10 per night camping sites. Tents are allowed only in these areas. No services will be provided other than trash cans.
NO SERVICE CAMPING DURING THE FAIR
Parking lots A & C offer $10 per night camping sites. Tents are allowed only in these areas. No services will be provided other than trash cans. Lots will open at 1:00pm., Wednesday, Sept. 6.
- Reservations for all ten days : CLICK LINK
- Reservations for anything under ten days contact Tera Quick at 620-669-3600
- Each camper is permitted space for one camper unit and one additional vehicle. Please DO NOT mark off areas or attempt to save spaces. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
- Campers are asked to be respectful of their neighbors when running generators.
- Dump stations are available at No Cost in Public Parking Lot C near 20th and Plum. Stations are located Northwest of the Will Call Building. No dumping of gray or black water onto the ground is permitted. If you are found to have dumped your gray or black water on the ground, you will no longer be allowed to camp on the Kansas State Fairgrounds and a fine can be assessed.
- Carl Vincent Service will provide on-site waste removal at your location. Arrangements must be made directly with the RV Park Supervisor. This is an additional fee and will be paid directly to Carl Vincent Services.
- Pets are allowed only in the immediate vicinity of your camper and must be on a leash. No dogs, cats, or other pets, with the exception of Service Animals shall be permitted on the Fairgrounds proper (inside the fence). Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up after their animal and placing the waste in a trash receptacle.
- No sales of products or services are allowed in the RV Park or Parking Lots. Anyone wishing to sell a product or service must do so from a location assigned by and contracted with the Kansas State Fair.
- Unauthorized use of motorized scooters, golf carts, two-wheeled scooters, or similar means of transportation is prohibited in the RV Park or on the Kansas State Fairgrounds. Bicycles are not allowed to be ridden on the Fairgrounds proper (inside the chain link fence).
- Ice is available at the RV Park Office
CAMPER GUIDELINES – NON-RV PARK USE
Lot A (North of State Fair Road)
- RV’s(campers) and Tents will be allowed to park in the area just West of Plum Street, South of 27th Street entrance, South to 23rd (State Fair Road). The cost
- will be $10 per day, payable on Wednesday, Sept 6, out in the lots. If this area fills up, check with the Lot Supervisor for instructions.
Lot C (East of Plum Street)
NO SERVICES WILL BE PROVIDED OTHER THAN TRASH RECEPTICLES.
- RV’s (campers) and tents will be allowed to park in the area just West of the entrance off of 23rd Street to just East of the Main Road just East of the Handicap Parking Lot at the North end of the lot. The cost will be $10 /day – payable on Wednesday, Sept 6, out in the lots. If this area is full, check with the Lot Supervisor for instructions