By Kansas Department of Transportation
KDOT is hosting nine meetings this fall as part of the Eisenhower Legacy Transportation Program (IKE) Local Consult process. KDOT holds Local Consult meetings every two years to discuss regional transportation project priorities with Kansans.
Attendees will have an opportunity to share their region’s transportation priorities, hear about investments being made in transportation in their area, and learn about various grant funding programs available through KDOT.
These meetings are an important step in gathering public input for the IKE program – the state’s current 10-year transportation improvement program. They are open to all Kansans.
In advance of the Local Consult meetings, KDOT has launched a short survey asking for input on the Kansas transportation system. The survey will be available online through September 22 at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/
Local Consult locations, dates are times:
- Northeast Region (District 1) – Tuesday, Oct. 3, 9 a.m. – noon, Four Points by Sheraton in Manhattan.
- Southwest Region (District 6) – Wednesday, Oct. 4, 9 a.m. – noon, Clarion Inn in Garden City.
- South Central Region (District 5) – Thursday, Oct. 5, 1:30 – 4:30 p.m., Meridian Center in Newton.
- Northwest Region (District 3) – Tuesday, Oct. 10, 9 a.m. – noon, Hilton Garden Inn in Hays.
- North Central Region (District 2) – Wednesday, Oct. 11, 9 a.m. – noon., Hilton Garden Inn in Salina.
- Southeast Region (District 4) – Thursday, Oct. 12, 9 a.m. – noon, Bowlus Fine Arts Center in Iola.
- KC Metro – Tuesday, Oct. 17, 1 p.m. – 4 p.m., at the Lenexa Hyatt Place Kansas City/Lenexa City Center in Lenexa.
- Wichita Metro – Wednesday, Oct. 18, 9 a.m. – noon, at the WSU Eugene M. Hughes Metropolitan Complex in Wichita.
- Virtual Meeting – Tuesday, Oct. 24, 5 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. (To receive virtual meeting registration information, please email: [email protected]).
More information about the Local Consult process is available online at: ike.ksdot.gov/local-consult-
About the IKE Program – IKE is a 10-year program that addresses highways, bridges, public transit, aviation, short-line rail and bike/pedestrian needs across Kansas. For more information about the IKE program: www.ksdotike.org.