No doubt about it...a lot of things get done in Iola and
Southeast Kansas every day because of The Trading Post.
It's on Monday-Saturday from 8:05am to 9:00am except on
The Trading Post is just what it sounds like. It's a place for
you to advertise what you have to buy, sell and trade...for free!
No wonder it's so popular!!
In order to balance the interests of listeners and
advertisers...for free you may sell used personal items...No
businesses are allowed to use the free service. The
definition of a business also includes home-based
franchises and individuals offering products and/or
services that we believe compete with businesses that
advertise on KIKS & KIOL.
If you don't qualify for a free ad, you can buy one for
just a few dollars...open THIS PDF FILE to read how!
So these are the rules for free ads:
1 We can't accept items over $5,000 dollars or domestic
animals over $100. Food items for sale must be paid mail.
2. We don't buy, sell or rent real estate
3. No babysitting calls will be accepted.
4. Free ads are for individuals ONLY. Businesses need to pay
for their ads. This includes home-based businesses.
Occasionally you'll hear a business on the air. Those are PAID
ads and we'll let you know that.
5. Only 1 call per day, three times a week.
6. KIKS & KIOL reserves the right to edit mailbag items and
7. Numbers are NOT AVAILABLE AFTER 9:15am! We allow a
15-minute grace period to get numbers after the show in case
you got a busy signal calling in during the show. Please
understand that we can't give out numbers after that! Looking
up numbers takes a tremendous amount of time.
If you want your item on the air there are 4 ways:
1. Call the program between 8:05am and 9:00 am. If you call
us before or after the program we can't take your item over the
phone and we don't save the numbers after the show either.
2. Bring your WRITTEN description of your item to the studio.
This is the old fashioned way but it works. We do lock the door
before and after business hours so don't get upset, just slip it in
the door or tape it to the door.
3. Fax it in. Our fax number is (620) 365-5431. Please get
them in by 8:00am weekdays and 7:30am on Saturdays...if you
wait to the last minute we might not get it on the air.
4. E-Mail it to us. Our e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org
Same rules apply as with the fax.
Mailbag is at 8:30am. We'll read it two consecutive days.
There are no guarantees on free ads...we may have to drop
ads for time on really busy days.
KIKS & KIOL can NOT be responsible for items bought
and sold on The Trading Post!
If you send them any other way they will not make it on the